This exceptional tiny house is back outside. After a winter in storage we are now looking for new owners for this precious little house.
Saturday the 30th of April there is an open day on Texel to come look at the house, please get in touch with email@example.com for more information.
A beautiful unique tiny house from 2021 full of practical solutions, unique furniture and all facilities.
The layout of the tiny house is a clever solution to get a lot of functionality and space. The living room/kitchen is located 70cm above the bottom of the house. Underneath this floor there is a spacious crawl space of 70cm high that is accessible through a hatch outside and from the bathroom. The bathroom is then located on the floor of the house and above it is the bedroom. Next to the 170 wide bed there is standing space, so there is no need to crawl to the bed and if you sleep with 2, you can both get out of the bed directly, without climbing and clambering. Under the standing space next to the bed, there is another hatch where bikes can be put in from outside with a so-called MTB slide: a large drawer that can be pulled out. Further in the ad there is a more detailed description per room.
Features of the cottage:
- The cottage stands on a Vlemmix trailer TH660 and is 650cm long and 250cm wide.
- The walls, ceiling and floor are sandwich panels. This has the great advantage that there are no cold bridges. This makes the insulation better with a thinner wall (Rc value floor/walls 3.2, roof 3.6).
- The house can be transported with a (suitable) car with tow bar and BE license or with a tractor etc.
- PVC window frames with HR++ glass. Tilt and turn windows in the living room / kitchen and bathroom and sliding windows in the bedroom.
- Heating by means of a wood stove and a gas stove. The Hobbit Stove sits next to the sofa with direct air supply from outside which ensures better combustion and better air quality and air movement in the house. In the crawl space is a gas heater (Propex HS2000) with 3 exits into the house. This heater has a thermostat and can also ensure that the house does not fall below a certain temperature when you're not home for example.
- All interior is made of the lightweight Albasia Falcatta wood. This gives a beautiful light appearance and at the same time is very strong, waterproof and scratch resistant because of the treatment with 2 component PU varnish.
- Large built-in refrigerator with freezer with label A+++, the Siemens KI77SAD40. Capacity fridge 164L, capacity freezer 61L (see also https://www.beterwitgoed.nl/koelkast/p/205604/siemens-ki77sad40.html#specifications). Bought new for the cottage.
- Washer and dryer in 1, the LG F4J6TM0W bought new for the cottage. Washing machine is connected to a thermostatic valve, you can set the temperature of the water. The water is then heated by the geyser so that a standard wash costs little electricity (heating the water costs the most energy with a washing machine). The dryer can only be used if you connect somewhere to electricity, handy to have if that happens to be the case. (see also https://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/_lg-f4j6tm0w-1497915.html)
- Propane geyser: TTulpe C-Meister 11
- All windows and the double door in the living room/bedroom/kitchen have blackout curtains. Custom made blinds in living room/kitchen and small hanging curtains in the bedroom. Furthermore, all roller blinds have a reflective backing so that when the sun is bright the curtains repel a lot of heat. Also during the day the house can be completely blacked out.
- All windows that can open are equipped with custom made bug screens. In the summer, you can open ALL windows and you do not have to worry about sleepless nights because of mosquitoes. The screens are outside the windows so the functionality is preserved and are made of panorama mesh which retains the best view. In addition, there is a bug curtain for the front door that can be pushed aside or removed when you do not want to use it.
- On the floor is prime veneer cork, this is a warm variant with a beautiful natural texture.
- The house has beautiful light from all sides through the many windows. Even on gray days you do not need to use the lighting here.
- Lighting (on 24V) consists of:
- LED spotlights in the ceiling, dimmable. From operating table level to ambient light. 2 switches: at the front door and above the bed.
- Reading/atmosphere lamp by the couch.
- Bedside lamp by the bed.
- LED spotlights in the hood in the kitchen.
- LED strips and mirror lights in the bathroom.
All systems of our house are located inside the house, within the insulated walls. The big advantage of this is that the house is easy to move. The other advantage is that you will not have frost problems. The house is built to withstand the winters in Austria and to change location every six months. So it has a lot of insulation and is easy to move.
- Water: Water is collected from the roof via a gutter and downspout on the short side of the house. The water flows through a filter into the 1250L water tank located inside the house, in the crawl space. The water then flows through several water filters and a strong water pump (Jabsco Par-Max Plus5 Drinking Water Pump 19 L/M) and pressure vessel. The last filter is a UV filter that makes the water drinkable.
- Electricity: On the roof are 6 330WP solar panels (Munich 330WP Full Black). These charge a (high quality) 10kWh LiFePO4 battery of 24V. There is also the possibility to plug in a 220V power cable at a campsite. The solar panels are currently flat on the roof but can be supplied with a frame that is adjustable for different angles.
- Gas: Propane gas line where a gas bottle can be connected outside under the stairs. The gas stove, geyser and gas stove use propane gas.
- Drain: Under the house is a 40mm drain pipe. This can easily be led to a helophyte filter with associated pipes or lead to the sewer.
- Toilet: A composting toilet is used. It separates urine and feces and is very pleasant to use.
The cottage is also easy to convert if you do not want or need to live off-grid. Water can be connected to the water pipe after the filters or you refill the tank via a water hose. Electricity can be plugged in from outside and with a small converter also the 24V users can be fed from the 220V connection. Drain can be connected to the sewer without modifications.
Description per room:
The entrance to the house consists of 2 outward opening doors with glass. The outside staircase to the living room is made of a steel construction with wooden steps and a platform in front of the entrance. The stairs can be completely disassembled for transportation. Opposite the doors is a double sofa of the Gelderland brand. On the short side of the cottage is a folding desk designed so that a laptop and papers can remain when folded. To the right of the desk is a spacious coat rack with shoe storage compartments and a drawer. To the left of the desk is a wooden platform with small storage compartment and the battery control panel. Under this tray you can store bags, for example, through the opening below. Above the bench and desk is a continuous bookshelf with a cabinet. Above the double doors hangs a projection screen which, in combination with a beamer on the shelf above the sofa, provides the entertainment. In combination with the blackout curtains, this makes for the ultimate tiny home cinema 😉
On the other side of the bank is a chest of drawers with 4 spacious drawers and next to it the wood stove. Underneath the wood stove is room for wood storage. To the left of the stove is a large wall cabinet. On the right side of this cabinet are 6 very large drawers that can be used for stock or, for example, 2nd closet. Above that is a large space with a rod to hang hanging clothes. On the left side in the wall cabinet is the built-in fridge/freezer. Bottom door is the freezer and middle door is the refrigerator. Above it is another cabinet with 2 shelves.
The kitchen is the showpiece of this cottage. The countertop is handmade from wood overlaid with epoxy. This makes for a beautiful countertop that is also lightweight, practical and strong. To the left of the kitchen is an artisan made table system. This table is a loose slap of walnutwood that is clamped between the countertop and the cabinet underneath. This allows you to slide the top in for maximum space, but also sit opposite each other when the table is angled out, or use the table as an extra countertop if needed (see photo). The 2 matching stools are adjustable in height and fit exactly under the table. There is a small gas stove with 2 burners and an oven, a large recessed sink with mixer tap and an exhaust hood that exhausts air directly to the outside. In addition, there is currently a draining rack on the wall where dishes after washing can be put to dry and also can remain, practical and beautiful. Above the kitchen window is a wide and strong shelf that can be used for example for storage jars. There is a recycling garbage can in a drawer under the sink with 3 separate waste buckets. In addition, there are 2 drawers and 2 cabinets in the kitchen.
The bathroom is particularly spacious for a THOW and is accessed via 2 steps down from the living room. The bathroom is roughly square, with a sliding door separating the living room from the bathroom. Inside the sliding door is a large mirror. There is a composting toilet with built-in waste bin and sawdust storage. A spacious shower with sliding plastic doors. And a beautiful bathroom cabinet with wooden sink and another epoxy countertop. Above the cabinet is a beautiful mirrored cabinet. To the left of the toilet is the washer/dryer and next to it is a hatch that provides access to the crawl space.
The bedroom is accessed via 2 steps up from the living room. Next to the bed there is a narrow corridor with a closet with drawer at the end. By the bed are on either side a USB outlet and a shelf for small items. Both windows in the bedroom are sliding windows which provides a very good flow of air when you have them both open. There are additional handy storage options in all the steps of the stairs.
The crawl space spans a total space of about 470cm by 230cm and 70cm high. The crawl space is split into 2 parts by the water tank that is in the middle. The side of the bathroom is the space with the water filters, water pump, geyser, gas stand heater and ample storage. The other side is accessible from a hatch next to the drawbar and is used for storage and here is also the battery and battery management. The total storage space here is 240cm by 230cm and 70cm high. A unique storage for things like sports equipment (skis, kites, surfboards) or garden furniture/cushions.
On the other short side of the cottage there is also a hatch. This opens up a space meant to store bicycles using a large drawer that slides out. In this hatch there is also a small tap where you can connect a water hose or get water for the garden.
Are you as enthusiastic about this house as we are and would you like to come and see or do you have any questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cottage can be visited on Texel.
Selling with pain in our hearts because we are moving to Norway.
Jessica van der Zee
Provider's company name
Provider's email address